Seven Tips for Decluttering Your Property for a
Putting your property on the market can be daunting, especially if you've been putting it off for years, or if your circumstances have changed and you need to sell quickly.
With a bit of prep and guidance it doesn't take long and the results are instant - which will result in a great first impression and make your property stand out from the competition.
Decluttering is not just about cleaning up but also about maximising the space in your home which is often the number one reason why people move. Secondly its a good exercise to do, as it will change your mindset to as a potential buyer, looking at your property differently whilst making your home appear larger and more organised.
Potential buyers are always looking for properties with plenty of space, and if your home is cluttered with boxes and knick-knacks, you're likely to put them off. So to help we have put together our 7 tips to help .
Seven Tips for Decluttering Your Property
- Focus on the rooms that potential buyers will most likely view, such as the kitchen, living area and bedrooms. Look at each room and decide what needs to go. Use the 4 box method and label, Keep - Recycle- Rubbish - Give Away.
- Evaluate Your Possessions: Start by going through each item in your home and asking yourself whether you need and love it. Rehome unwanted items by recycling them to charity shops, selling, or giving them away to friends or neighbours.
- Consider Storage: If you have items you want to keep but don't have room for, put them in storage temporarily. Avoid accumulating storage costs by only keeping what you truly need.
- Streamline your Kitchen : The kitchen is often one of the most cluttered areas in a home, so focus on reducing clutter by eliminating duplicates and unused items. Clear your work surfaces, clear out food cupboards of out of date jars and utensils and restacking neatly. Its surprising how much room you gain.
- Tackle One Room at a Time: Don't try to declutter everything at once; start small and prioritise cluttered areas. Taking a picture can help as you can focus on areas of rooms which could be improved - show a friend for a second opinion.
- Being Mindful There will be tough decsions to make especially over sentimental Items or areas of the house / garden you can't take with you : Keep special memories by taking photos or keeping a memory box. You can't take everything and being able to let go will allow new memories in.
- Post Declutter: Organise the items you've kept to maintain a clean and tidy appearance. Congrafuations your property is now sale ready and easier to keep tidy for viewings.
Decluttering your property is essential for making a great first impression and attracting potential buyers. Following these seven tips will increase its potential and its chances of selling quickly.
Remember, a clean, tidy, and uncluttered home will appeal to the broadest audience.
It's a win-win situation – charity shops will benefit, you'll achieve a better price for your property, and you'll be ahead of the game.
For support in your next house move contact our Sales team on 0208 743 1166
or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org